RureGold Products and Solutions for Masonry and Concrete
Structural Stucco for Masonry Applications
Ruredil is the first “cement” based carbon fiber system in the US. It is a cement-based structural strengthening system for both concrete and masonry especially terracotta domes and curved/flat arches. This system has a track record in Europe for over 20 years including pre and post-seismic and includes tunnel projects. The use on parking structures in the US goes back to 2008. What was even more unique, the engineer employed the use of Zinc sheets on the exterior of the Ruredil. If you have worked with FRP’s you will love the RureGold, especially for Masonry applications.
The system was introduced to me in February of 2012 by Paul Kelley of SGH Boston as “the next step” in FRP. While the system has been in use in Europe for over 20 years and in Canada for the past 5 we are now installing it in the US. It is a viable product for specifiers based on its approval with ICC. Proposed revisions to AC434 were approved at ICC and ACI has just published the design guidelines “ACI 549.4R-13: Guide to Design and Construction of Externally Bonded Fabric-Reinforced Cementitious Matrix (FRCM) Systems for Repair and Strengthening Concrete and Masonry Structures” www.ruregold.com The ICC Report is ESR-3265 which now includes the Class A Fire Rating. The Ruredil also has an OTCR approval for NYC.
Ease of application, similar to a reinforced stucco, make it available to any mason to apply. For a preliminary look at the product, please review this short 4 minute video below.
This “Next Generation FRP” material has the following attributes:
- Natural Flame Retardant (Cement Based)
- Application over Damp Substrate
- Ductile, not brittle, Mode of Failure
- Ease of Installation (see video from Local 1 in LIC)
- Cement Silo – External Repair – Northeast
- Cement Silo – Internal Repair – Southeast – Operating Temperature 450 deg F (2)
- University Club – NYC – CMU Wall
- Cindercrete slab containment – Historic – New York City
- Meadowbrook Manor – MA – CMU Wall Stabilization
- Townhouse NYC – Stucco Strengthening
- 200 Row House Stabilization by KCI for Baltimore – Bidding
- High Rise – Stucco repair Naples FL – 2 projects
- Parking Garage with Spray Applied Zinc
- Parking Garage in Portland ME 2008
- Parking garage in MA multiple projects over several years
- Metro North Railroad Pedestal Stabilization
- Metropolitan Museum NYC – Flat Arch Terracotta – Specified – BBB
- Falling Water 1200 AE
- First Church of Christ Scientist Guastavino Tile Domes – Specified – SGH
- GSA Elevator Shaft – Thurgood Marshall Courthouse – 100,000SF
- Row House and other exposed Brick Facades – Structural Stucco in lieu of Traditional Stucco
- Parapets – after removal of asbestos laden mastic – Ideal for aesthetics and structural stabilization
- Window Wood Frame fascia in Rubble Walls for Window Attachment – Anchorage that works
If you haven’t specified or used RureGold please consider distressed conditions that show up as Step Cracking in both Masonry and Brick walls. Many times this condition can be addressed with a Stabilize-In-Place solution rather than a Rip-Out-And-Replace expensive alternative (SIP vs ROAR). Recent failures and weather related disasters are ideal for this remediation material and method.